Story Posted: May 19th, 2020 Written By: UBC Studios Operations
“Our Studios is currently open and running with new measures. UBC course content recording for this term and the next are welcome!”
General covid measures at UBC Studios
Current booking procedures remain the same. However we have implemented enhanced security measures, both the USB and UBC Studio entrance doors are now locked 24/7– access is granted by calling the front desk at 604 822 9800 for pre-booked DIY bookings and meetings. Masks are mandatory and to be worn when entering the building, and only taken off when ready to start recording. This is to adhere to updated UBC guidelines that went into effect September 16, 2020.
- Increased sanitisation of all studio spaces, work stations, and equipment after every session
- Maximum DIY booking occupancy of 2 individuals per session adhering to physical distancing guidelines
Covid measures for DIY Studios
We know how hard it can be to transition from regular in-class teaching to online learning and thus we’ve reopened and improved on our DIY studios to better prepare the increased use of our studios.
Meetings with our team are now online only – monthly DIY Drop in sessions have also been changed to an online format. Please expect a 5-10 minute wait due to increased demand. Any questions or meeting requests can be emailed to email@example.com
Both our DIY Studios have increased sanitisation and also have a maximum booking occupancy of 2 individuals per session, in order to adhere to guidelines regarding physical distancing.
Our Lightboard Studios has a few upgrades including:
- Usual lav mic has been switched to a boom mic so that there is less contact involved and increased ease of use.
- New Livestream capabilities – stream Lightboard sessions to any online platform using RTMP streaming or Zoom via Virtual Webcam.
- Operator station has been moved to a separate room to ensure safety for the operator and faculty.
- New wireless adapters make connecting powerpoints and videos easier then ever!
We are also doing some research and development on mobile alternatives for UBC faculty.
Current booking procedures remain the same. However due to increased security measures, both our building and studio doors are now locked 24/7. For any studio bookings please meet our media specialist outside at the following location. (parking lot outside our studio at the intersection of West Mall and Agronomy.)